Tapeheads Forums

Go Back   Tapeheads Forums > General Audio Discussions > Speakers and Headphones

Speakers and Headphones What turns electrons into something you can hear? Speakers and cans, man! This is the place to talk about your tranducers.

Universal Capstan Motor

Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Magneticus Maximus

JBL L100T pair

Hi Gang,

This is just an FYI, In case someone here needs a new set of speakers...

I can vouch for the strong sound of the JBL L--T series. I have owned a pair of the slightly smaller L80T's for 20 years now and they still sound fabulous.

Ok, I had to have my woofers re-foamed about five years ago, but these speakers continue to impress me every day.

I'm in no way associated with this seller, but felt the need to post this deal because it looks like a really good one to me!

Its for a pair of the larger L100T's in their original boxes, with the original JBL stands even!!! Shipping charges at $170 will feel kinda like a sharp stick in the eye, but these are pretty big, so that sounds right... If I were in the seller's area, I'd go get these and upgrade in a heartbeat!

JBL L100T speakers

Later!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Shpongled!

If they were around this area I'd grab them.

I've owned the L60T and the L80T and liked both very much. I know the new owners of the L--T's I had are also very pleased with them.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
ǝɔıloԀ qǝM

I have never tried any of those, but I do own a pair of JBL L-7's that I bought more than 15 years ago. I am happy with the L-7's for what they cost at the time.

A nickel from yesterday isn't worth a half dollar today.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Serious AudioHead

That seems to be a good market price for L-100T's in orginal boxes. Condition of foam may be a factor as well.

I have a pair of L-80T's and have heard the L-100T. Both are reasonably good ported speakers that trade accuracy for presence.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Inactive

Smile Somebody got 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTee View Post
Hi Gang,

This is just an FYI, In case someone here needs a new set of speakers...

I can vouch for the strong sound of the JBL L--T series. I have owned a pair of the slightly smaller L80T's for 20 years now and they still sound fabulous.

Ok, I had to have my woofers re-foamed about five years ago, but these speakers continue to impress me every day.

I'm in no way associated with this seller, but felt the need to post this deal because it looks like a really good one to me!

Its for a pair of the larger L100T's in their original boxes, with the original JBL stands even!!! Shipping charges at $170 will feel kinda like a sharp stick in the eye, but these are pretty big, so that sounds right... If I were in the seller's area, I'd go get these and upgrade in a heartbeat!

JBL L100T speakers

Later!
The auction was re-listed and sold!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190291209105
Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Magneticus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwee View Post
The auction was re-listed and sold!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190291209105

If they are in as good of shape as described, that buyer will be stoked!
Power: Yamaha A-510, Yamaha R-8 |Tuner: Sansui TU-217 | Speakers: Tannoy Proto-J, JBL L80T, Infinity RS-1|