Tapeheads Forums

Go Back   Tapeheads Forums > General Audio Discussions > Picture Posts

Picture Posts Don't just write about your stuff, say it with pictures! This is the one forum where large images are allowed.

Universal Capstan Motor

Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Sansui BA-5000 :)

Basement Hi Fi System

Wish I could afford to have the entire basement remodeled, so I could rearrange/reorganize things a bit better, but for now it'll have to do:

Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Serious Tapehead

Thats awsome looking the way it is. But I know what you mean. My method is the living room shared with the wife. So I am limited. She sees what I have and the way I set it up tastefully and she likes it. But mind you I still intend to get one or two more RtR's and a couple DBX enhancers and processors. I could use another cassete deck like a Nacamichi too. And Ahhh yes, a DAT as well. With us kind of lovers of audio stuff it doesnt quit.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 AM

Well, there's nothing wrong with this basement and the set up in it!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks, appreciate the kind words
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Out there and whatever

BF, I've known you for getting on ten years and the one thing I know other than what a nice guy you are is that you have the kind of arranging taste that befits the word sansui itself.

Just the Rickenbacher and it's spot proved it. Ooby Dooby!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
DCC Lives On

I dont see a problem there
If it sounds good and your happy whats the problem!
Wish I had a basement instead of a 11X11 room
Looks dam fine to me
Old 10-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Serious Tapehead / Contributor

Boy, that's real nice!! Now I know I can never post a pic of my basement LOL.
A real nice "mancave" to spend hours in...
Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 PM

Thanks again for the kind words, you guys are great.

The other major issue with a collection of mostly vintage hi fi equipment is that it isnt a wireless technology. Thus, if you have a bunch of stuff that you want to alternate using, it means you'll have to spend some time moving interconnect cables around and so forth. Its a bit of a headache to move some heavy amps and reach behind them to relocate the connections. I learned a lesson once to be careful, as I accidentally crossed speaker cables while another Sansui G-9000 I own was powered on, and unfortunately its been stuck in protection mode ever since, most likely I knocked out some or all of the power output transistors, sigh.... (the other G-9000 I have, shown in the basement pic was totally upgraded by a seller a few years ago, he did a great job, it sounded awesome when I first acquired it, and continues to do so.)

I do have a set of Audio Authority switchboxes which I'l probably put back into the system at some point to make the process easier. The Sansui AX-7 is also useful, as well as a DBX Route Selector.

Keep in mind, there's alot more stuff in other parts of the basement, as well as upstairs in the house. I like to keep things neat & orderly, but it certainly can be a challenge at times.