Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
Universal Capstan Motor

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Service, Restorations, Helpful How-Tos, Parts and Manuals, Ads and More! > Pacific's Restorations

Pacific's Restorations You can see all of Pacific's vintage gear restorations here.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Sendust for brains

Another Concept receiver saved! This time, it's a 2.0.

Got yet another Concept in for repair and refurb, and just got done with her.

This one was working, but had some issues and was pretty dirty inside.

This one got many (not all) new caps, new "death diode" MV-13 bias diodes, bias adjustment, switch and control treatment, and some spiff-up.

Here are some other shots. (I know, this almost looks like a blue-screen composite, doesn't it?)

She's a beauty!

Wish I could keep her.

The owner is going to be really happy. He'll use this one while I work on his 16.5. Love it!

All photos Copyright 2012, Pacific Stereo. All rights reserved. No unauthorized use, absolutely no eBay use.

I RESTORE VINTAGE AUDIO AND VIDEO GEAR. Master technician for Concept, Quadraflex, Calibre, Pioneer and Sony. Endorsed by Richard Schram for Concept product restoration. Factory technician for both Yamaha and JVC. Sonics consultant for Denon. Pacific Stereo store manager, service manager, Central Service lead tech, liquidator at our demise. Pacific Stereo curator. Infinity IRS dealer. Music buyer for one of the first CD retailers in the USA. Authorized servicer for virtually every brand on the planet at one time or another. Music addict. Mastering & recording engineer, weaned on a Neve (no other console sounds like a Neve!). Industry-respected ears. Head Tapehead.

Need vintage audio & video repair and restoration, or unobtanium semiconductors and parts? Ask me! And do visit the website: pacificstereo.net

Last edited by Pacific Stereo; 06-22-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Wish I was sailing....

VERY pretty! I love the looks of Concepts...
Going to have to pull out my 6.5 and put it in rotation again.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Serious Tapehead

Cleaned up very nice.

Your rolling hill back-drops are always cool Pacific.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Serious Tapehead

WOW!... What an amazing improvement. It looked like it had gone through one of our summertime monsoon Haboob’s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4Cx44XKZ4

Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor now.
Nice Pictures. That sure looks like the drive from the Pala reservation on up to Palomar Mt.

Last edited by HeadGap; 06-22-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Sendust for brains

Yeah, I really love the look of these. Some folks don't, but I definitely do.

I RESTORE VINTAGE AUDIO AND VIDEO GEAR. Master technician for Concept, Quadraflex, Calibre, Pioneer and Sony. Endorsed by Richard Schram for Concept product restoration. Factory technician for both Yamaha and JVC. Sonics consultant for Denon. Pacific Stereo store manager, service manager, Central Service lead tech, liquidator at our demise. Pacific Stereo curator. Infinity IRS dealer. Music buyer for one of the first CD retailers in the USA. Authorized servicer for virtually every brand on the planet at one time or another. Music addict. Mastering & recording engineer, weaned on a Neve (no other console sounds like a Neve!). Industry-respected ears. Head Tapehead.

Need vintage audio & video repair and restoration, or unobtanium semiconductors and parts? Ask me! And do visit the website: pacificstereo.net
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Cassetticus Maximus

Great work and fabulous pics!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.