Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
High quality analog audio tape for professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > General Audio Discussions > Receivers, Amps, and Preamps - Solid-State

Receivers, Amps, and Preamps - Solid-State The heart of every system. Discuss your amps, receivers and control amplifiers here.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2017, 03:33 PM
Turn it up!

Yes, we do the same here...generally we only try to listen to 2-3 per get-together. Even then, we often don't go to the trouble of mounting/aligning them all on the same table for a true comparison. Carts just have so many variables that it's really hard to evaluate them on any basis other than over time and a wide variety of material. That's true for all components, but more true for carts.

We only have one serious gear shop in my area, and they do not allow trials or returns of cartridges other than for defect. In fact, most of the higher-end carts they offer are not even kept in stock.

In any case, I hope that the OP pops back in and provides an update. As I posted a few weeks ago, it's frustrating when someone asks for help with a problem or a decision and then never provides the outcome.

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.