Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
High quality analog audio tape for professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Tape, Taping and Tape Machines > Cassette

Cassette All discussions pertaining to cassette decks. These include general usage, recording, playback and service questions. For subjects related to tape itself, see the Cassette Tape subforum under this one. Obscure service subjects that don't quite fit go in the Help and Do It Yourself subforum.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Serious Tapehead

Pioneer Elite CT-07D

Hi all,

I acquired this Pioneer Elite CT-07D cassette deck a month ago. I purchased it after viewing a craigslist ad and I was the first respondent. The seller was a great guy to deal with. He made time in his work day to demo the deck for me, as I had travelled about 1.25 hours to reach his place. He also had a number of cassettes that came with the deck, and one tape he had recorded, specifically, using the same deck to demonstrate its recording capability. He knew a lot about the refinements of this model of deck. I had already read in the forum about the virtues of this deck praised by a particular long-time member, Lutz (lucky).

The seller was the second owner and I received an accounting of what he remembered of the history of the deck before he owned it. Funny thing is, I almost bought one when it was still being sold by Pioneer back in 2000. About 11 years ago, when I had purchased my Pioneer CT-F650 and Akai GX-F31 from a seller who had an Elite AV system, he had the Elite CT-07D cassette deck. I wasn't convinced back then when he told me how good the deck was and that was the biggest reason he was getting rid of his older cassette decks. I imagine I am about to find out what others have already known.

I will pop up more details, later.

Nando.

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.