Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
High quality analog audio tape for professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Music and Tunes > Music and Tunes

Music and Tunes Music is why we do this. Talk about your favorite artists, albums, and songs here.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 10-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Tapeheads Supporter

If I Hear One More Fiddle Band...

Just got back from the International Bluegrass Music Association week long business conference and festival in Raleigh, NC. Sweet Jeebus, there's a lot of damn bluegrass bands in this world. I watched and listened to fiddlin' and pickin' and singin' (and participated in a lot of drinkin') from 11 am until 1 or 2 am the next day, only to get up and do it again. For four successive days. I mean after all, I was just down the road from the moonshine capital of the world (Wilkesboro, NC). Whaddya expect, anyway?

Exhausted does not really describe my condition right now. However, I can highly recommend a few up and coming bands that might make their way onto my stage in the future: Fireside Collective (these kids are absolutely fearless); The Kruger Brothers With The Kontras Quartet (a collaboration by the two groups performing Roan Mountain Suite, an amazing piece of chamber music written by Jens Kruger on a commission from Chamber Music America; FY5 - a cool progressive bluegrass outfit from Colorado; Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen (with a little known but amazing banjo player by the name of Mike Mumford), and finally, a very cool duo from Calgary named the Small Glories - great songwriters.

If bluegrass is something you enjoy, look around the interwebs for some of their music; you won't be disappointed.

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.