Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
High quality analog audio tape for professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Tape, Taping and Tape Machines > Reel To Reel

Reel To Reel All discussions pertaining to reel to reel decks. These include general usage, recording, playback, and service questions. For subjects related to tape itself, see the Open Reel subforum under this one. Obscure service subjects that don't quite fit go in the Help and Do It Yourself subforum.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM
TapeHeads Newbie

TEAC Capstan Washer + Grease

Hey folks, I am replacing the tape roller on my TEAC 3300-SX. Upon doing so on an identical machine in the past, I noticed there was a small metal washer and the presence of some sort of grease between roller and capstan base (presumably to reduce tape roller friction[?]), however I do not find this on my current machine.

My question is, are these elements wholly necessary, and if so I was hoping someone could tell me the washer dimensions as well as what sort of grease is recommended to lubricate this sort of function.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.