Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
Universal Capstan Motor

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Non Audio Discussions > Other General Interest

Other General Interest What hobbies do you enjoy when not listening to tape? Got some good train or plane pictures? Like fast cars or camping in the mountains? Tell us about it.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:57 AM
Serious Tapehead

Spring cleaning,,,projects have to go!

In years past I have ran adds to get rid of a number of my projects, mainly the autos so I can clean the yard. (I cant work on them any more, and I am tired of looking at what I cant do) Before I ran an add on each one individually, this year I said WTH and put them (well a bunch) in one add "My Projects" on CL. This has worked and several have sold , some I even made a bit on.
But what I find very odd is I only get 1 person interested in each vehicle. Like a 62 Nova I had, went to a guy that rebuilds only that year. A few have just came to look, and that is obvious real fast.
Sold the '49 dodge coronet gyro-matic out of the barn yesterday, I now have a place to put my lawn tractors! (and the property taxes are covered) Now if someone would take the 440 revenuer off my hands,,, and,, and,, and,,,,,etc..
Only thing that concerns me doing this is there is a ton of funny money going around, even 1's and 5's,, so far I have not seen any of it!
Once these have sold off I'll start on the storage buildings, clear out projects I have lost interest in or cant do anymore,,, then start letting go of the tools. This is going to be the hardest thing for me to let go of, I made my living with these tools! They will be missed.
Old Yesterday, 02:19 AM
Serious Tapehead

Spring cleaning still going, 77 Trailduster gone, 61 Willys pickup gone, 49 dodge corenet (54000 miles) gone, 62 Nova gone,,,05 durango gone,, only 8 or 10 more to go. I wish I could get some interest in the boats,,,,,if not I'll scrap em...
Once the yard is clear I move into warehouse 1!

Last edited by RWise; Yesterday at 02:22 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM
Site Supporter

Those Willys had character.
Sold my '70 Jeep Wagoneer last summer.
Was a Kaiser built one that is missed.
The Wrangler that replaced it just doesn't have the same feel to it.
Hard to let good ones go.

The two loudest sounds in the world are a "CLICK" when you expect a "BANG" and a "BANG when you expect a "CLICK"
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Serious Tapehead

Hard to let go of, you bet, it has taken me at least 10 years to decide to let go,,,,
The new stuff has no style, or quality,,,,,the durango lacked raw power!

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.