Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
High quality analog audio tape for professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Site Related > Announcements and Updates

Announcements and Updates Look here to see what's going on with the site.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 03-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Sendust for brains

Pretty sure there's a SB that talks about the 069 replacing the 061 and that units may have either one. If you ordered an 061, they would ship you an 069.

I RESTORE VINTAGE AUDIO AND VIDEO GEAR. Master technician for Concept, Quadraflex, Calibre, Pioneer and Sony. Endorsed by Richard Schram for Concept product restoration. Factory technician for both Yamaha and JVC. Sonics consultant for Denon. Pacific Stereo store manager, service manager, Central Service lead tech, liquidator at our demise. Pacific Stereo curator. Infinity IRS dealer. Music buyer for one of the first CD retailers in the USA. Authorized servicer for virtually every brand on the planet at one time or another. Music addict. Mastering & recording engineer, weaned on a Neve (no other console sounds like a Neve!). Industry-respected ears. Head Tapehead.

Need vintage audio & video repair and restoration, or unobtanium semiconductors and parts? Ask me! And do visit the website: pacificstereo.net
Old 03-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Serious Tapehead

So here is the update. UCM works flawlessly in the CT-F750 and tuned right up to 3kHz. Voltage to the motor is 13.8V. Thanks PS for the motors. By the way type of "P.S.", PS would you know where I could locate TSB's for the 750, 900 and 1250?

Thanks again!
I got two guns here! I'm not sure which foot is gonna hurt, 'lessen I miss but I 'spect we're gonna find out!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Serious Tapehead

So now you can add the RXM-061 and RXM-069 as known/proven motors the UCM replaces.
I got two guns here! I'm not sure which foot is gonna hurt, 'lessen I miss but I 'spect we're gonna find out!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Skywave Tape Deck Repair

I have used this motor many times and am in stock of a number of them for my service. I can use Mabuchi motors or the chinese ones but a lot of the chinese ones fail out of the box- that is if they even came in a box. I think Pacific is doing us all a favor finding these. Now what about the Teac and Pioneer Capstan motors we will need now and in the future.

Sam Palermo, BSEE , ProSquad Member
Skywave Tape Deck Repair- Chicago area
(630)616-0932 Office/ Email skywavebe@sbcglobal.net
Past Teac/Tascam Lead Service Technician at Chicago Factory Service still doing repairs.
http://s609729863.onlinehome.us/tape...uipment-repair
Now accepting MC, Visa, Amex & Discover Cards!
Old 03-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Serious Tapehead

Saving Cassettes, One Deck At A Time

That's what the UCM is doing. Sam, I believe it was you that is using the Amsoil Signature oil. I got a qt. for about 10.50 for 0W-20 and boy that stuff makes slick an understatement. It'll last me several lifetimes! Anyway, I went through this 750 completely and used Lubriplate "Aero" Lithium grease. It was one that I'd picked up on ebay years ago and it sat. This thing sounds great. Now to calibrate it completely.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:40 AM
TapeHeads.Net Member

What is the shelf life of the motor?

If I don't plan to use it for a while, how long can I store it for before it gets bad?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Sendust for brains

These motors are already 25+ years old. I disassemble each one, service and test it before shipping. Shelf life should be pretty dang good.

Thanks for the report back, IG1. I have never found a good comprehensive source for Pioneer SBs.

I RESTORE VINTAGE AUDIO AND VIDEO GEAR. Master technician for Concept, Quadraflex, Calibre, Pioneer and Sony. Endorsed by Richard Schram for Concept product restoration. Factory technician for both Yamaha and JVC. Sonics consultant for Denon. Pacific Stereo store manager, service manager, Central Service lead tech, liquidator at our demise. Pacific Stereo curator. Infinity IRS dealer. Music buyer for one of the first CD retailers in the USA. Authorized servicer for virtually every brand on the planet at one time or another. Music addict. Mastering & recording engineer, weaned on a Neve (no other console sounds like a Neve!). Industry-respected ears. Head Tapehead.

Need vintage audio & video repair and restoration, or unobtanium semiconductors and parts? Ask me! And do visit the website: pacificstereo.net
Old 06-13-2017, 08:38 AM
TapeHeads Newbie

Hi, looks like this might give me a viable option for my boomer. How can I order one please? I'm in the UK.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Serious Tapehead

I nearly bought one of those Chinese motors until I saw this post then spotted the Chinese motor has a jamicon cap in it, that just about sums up the reliability of this motor, those caps are terrible, I bought a set of those caps once and half of them were way off esr ratings even when there is spec they behave very odd in electronics, awful caps
Old 07-09-2017, 09:18 AM
In loudness we trust

It works BEAUTIFULLY in my Nakamichi Rx-202E

Replaces the stock motor "Nakamichi BFA2L36 51224-A" without any problem.

Thanks again, PS!
Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 AM
In loudness we trust

Mandatory drool-picture...

Old 07-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Serious Tapehead

I would like to buy one for a Harman Kardon TD-4800. Is the capstan motor for the TD-4800 CCW and shaft 2mm?

Here is the service manual.
https://mega.nz/#!j5MWHSIT!09rDTVcZl...ksq3_CkRntZYng
Old 08-31-2017, 08:04 AM
TapeHeads.Net Member

MMI-6S2LB

Hi. I need a replacement motor for my CT-F400 (US version is CT-F615). The motor is MMI-6S2LB. Also the pulley on it is a plastic one and I am not sure how to replace it even I get a replacement motor. In service manual it is mentioned that the pulley comes together with motor. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM
TapeHeads.Net Member

Hi. How did you remove the plastic pulley without damaging it and installed it to new motor? Thanks

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.