Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
Universal Capstan Motor

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Site Related > Rules, Guidelines and Help

Rules, Guidelines and Help This is where you'll find the rules and general guidelines for Tapeheads members. Tips and answers to common questions may also be found here.

Donate to Tapeheads!
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Sendust for brains

Trouble with the display order of posts? Look here.

The default sort order for posts in threads is Oldest First. This means that posts are displayed in the chronological order in which they were entered. All new users should see this display order when viewing threads.

However, it seems sometimes vBulletin does the opposite for new users (why ask why?). You can fix this very easily. Just go to your User CP (Control Panel) and make a minor change.

http://www.tapeheads.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

The third panel down is the section for thread display options. In the Thread Display area, select Linear - Oldest First. You are also free to choose other options there as well. Once you've done that, click Save Options near the bottom of the page, and you should be all set.

I RESTORE VINTAGE AUDIO AND VIDEO GEAR. Master technician for Concept, Quadraflex, Calibre, Pioneer and Sony. Endorsed by Richard Schram for Concept product restoration. Factory technician for both Yamaha and JVC. Sonics consultant for Denon. Pacific Stereo store manager, service manager, Central Service lead tech, liquidator at our demise. Pacific Stereo curator. Infinity IRS dealer. Music buyer for one of the first CD retailers in the USA. Authorized servicer for virtually every brand on the planet at one time or another. Music addict. Mastering & recording engineer, weaned on a Neve (no other console sounds like a Neve!). Industry-respected ears. Head Tapehead.

Need vintage audio & video repair and restoration, or unobtanium semiconductors and parts? Ask me! And do visit the website: pacificstereo.net
Old 06-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Serious Tapehead

Are there options to allow for the thread to go directly to the first new posting since my last visit? I'd like to not have to re-read or determine where I last left off in looking at a thread when I come back to it. I have been other other forums that seem to be very similar to this one and operating that way makes getting to the new much simpler. Thanks for looking.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Stop! .. .. Carry On!

http://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=41934

Probabably my biggest work based achievement
Closed Thread

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.