Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
Universal Capstan Motor

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Non Audio Discussions > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to cool your heels and engage in small talk about whatever suits your interest. No politics or religion, please.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 12-26-2016, 07:29 AM
The NICE PRICE!

Those look super cool! I would never attempt to crack into any watch if it needed fixing as my sausage fingers and patience would get the better of me everytime! LOL
Receiver: Pioneer SX-1050 EQ: Sansui SE-9 R2R: Sony TC-458, Pioneer RT-707, Cassette: Nakamichi RX-303, Pioneer CT-F1250, CT-F900, CT-M6R, Turntable: Pro Ject Perspex SB with Sumiko BPS EVO III, Pre-amp Pro Ject Tube Box S MD: Sony MDS-JE440 NAD: Pioneer Elite C-50
Digital Media can byte me!
Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Serious Tapehead

@Braxus : My nick is always my program ! Even the 505 is one of the rare to IEC2 moded versions from the german distributor.
The 3014A is a "garage find" in Hamburg and looks awfull. But it works partially. I will send it next week for a complete revision. When its back I am posting shurely my impressions of it. Just for the people who are not always biased by price tags...

Last edited by lucky; 12-26-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 AM
Serious Tapehead

Did get a nice little "present" on 12/23. The broker that we dealt with when we bought our coop back in April wasn't entirely honest with us about a few things. So I ignored her claim that at the end of the year we would get 3 months maintenance fees returned to us. Friday morning we got our bill due January 1 and it was only $52 which we pay monthly for 2 A/C units. So some sort of reconfiguration of the yearly total has taken place. And since I highly doubt the difference was the exact amount of our monthly bill [minus the A/C charge] I suspect I'll be receiving an additional refund check or another adjustment of next months bill. Sweet!
Old 12-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Serious Tapehead

Depeche Mode concert tickets for 2017. Sweet.....I mean there were also sweets next to it
Old 12-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Serious Tapehead

Depeche Mode! Mrs PC got us some tickets for the 2014 tour...... I would use the word 'outstanding' to describe them!

You will have a great night......Nice pressie indeed

PC
Old 12-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Stop! .. .. Carry On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneercollector View Post
Depeche Mode! Mrs PC got us some tickets for the 2014 tour...... I would use the word 'outstanding' to describe them!

You will have a great night......Nice pressie indeed

PC
You've creamed in mate! Not only a nice trip to Poland but a TARDIS to go and see Depeche Mode

I love typos!

Regards, Kelv

Probabably my biggest work based achievement
Old 12-27-2016, 07:03 AM
Analog nut!

I got an LG Blu-ray burner drive for our desktop, a new 22-LR rifle + ammo, a CD I've been wanting (Dion - Inside Job/Only Jesus), and a few small things. Earlier in the year my in-laws got my wife and I each a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone as an early Christmas gift. My folks got each of us kids Financial Peace University from Dave Ramsey.
Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (Acts 4:12)

*Fuji, Memorex, TDK spoken here* Cass: JVC KD-V6, Nakamichi CR-1A, Technics RS-B57R; TT: Realistic Lab 290 w/ stock Shure cart; R2R: AKAI X-1800SD
Old 12-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Serious Tapehead

I got a copy of the Cleopatra limited edition pressing of Bastards by Motorhead. It has a black velvet cover stamped with the warpig in silver foil. The one I got was #262 of 500.

I also got a Ministry 2 lp set on clear vinyl. Don't remember the title, but it is a bunch of live tracks, side project songs and unreleased tracks all from the Wax Trax! days.

I also got a copy of the Empire of the Clouds RSD 12 inch single.

Also got money, gift cards, socks, candy and some other stuff.

And I have 1 more family Christmas to go to on the 15th of January.

J
Old 12-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Site Supporter

Rifles are always good.

The two loudest sounds in the world are a "CLICK" when you expect a "BANG" and a "BANG when you expect a "CLICK"
Old 12-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Banned

The short of it: I got gift bags of junk food that I can't eat so it'll all be going to work with me later today, couple DVD-video disks of movies I already have (nonreturnable for expiration) and cheap plastic kitchen gadgets I'll probably never use. The $600 in cash I received was later blown on Amazon buying my REAL (emphasis) christmas presents that I know I'll actually use, mostly bike parts and a pair of boots I've been eyeballing and deliberating over for a couple years.

Oh yeah, and when I was at my best friend's mother's house that night, we both got to see his racist, verbally/emotionally abusive 80-something grandmother take an awesome spill in the hallway and bust her hip and I think they had to replace it. Her ear-piercing shrill screaming as the paramedics were loading her fat ass on the stretcher was enough to make the neighbor from across the road actually come over believing somebody was being attacked. He, his girlfriend and I stood to the back of the room watching passively, drinks in hand, as we watched the medics work her over while his bumbling parents swarmed about in panic mode, getting in the way and finding new ways to potentially make a bad situation worse. Like a scene out of a British sitcom. Fukkin epic. (Who knew a pack-a-day chain-smoker for 65 years, with basically fried vocal chords, could almost hit the whistle register? Eat your heart out Adele Adkins!)

So, money and a show. Maybe it wasn't such a god-awful christmas after all.

Last edited by WolverineBates; 12-28-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Serious Tapehead

I got to see the joy on my kids faces opening gifts on Christmas morning.
That was the best.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Live Long and Prosper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold_Layne View Post
got one of these

http://www.thequp.com/
That's hot! I need to get one of those for when i'm out of the room, hands are full or I nod off while listening. Don't know if falling asleep with the tonearm in the end of the lock out groove is bad for the stylus ( I'm sure it isn't great for it either way) but that eliminates any issues either way!
Old 12-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Wild West user

I invited a very good friend over to hear the resurrected tape deck and the rediscovered tapes from the 80's. We are both music lovers and he wishes he had room for a tape deck but he's retired living alone in a section 8 high rise, a very nice nearly new building, in an efficiency apartment and has very little disposable income so could never afford much in the way of audio. His enjoyment of the sound of the 1506, the tape and the other equipment along with his visit was my Christmas and his Christmas was being introduced to what will be his new equipment of 2 sets of speakers, preamp, amp, and more that I don't use anymore. He says it is hard to hear other residents surround sound and I know I never hear anyone else in there when I visit. Must be the prestressed concrete construction plus poured concrete floors. So his having bass should not be a problem for others. We also had a great Christmas dinner with contributions from him as well as us. I am unconventional about the main dish so we had NY strip steaks. No I didn't take the grill back outside. I am sure the grill would work but I won't stand around in -30F wind chill. I know I am a wus.

X-1000R, X-7R disassembled, RS-1506, Kenwood KX-W4060 cassette, linear tracking turntable & 2 Klipsch KLF-10's. Into audio and R2R for 54 years since I was 11 & built my first circuit
Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 PM
8-Trashed..........

Hmmm I got an Olympus XA (from me to me!), A Dodge hat, an HDMI audio extractor, a USB N64 controller (Not like I can get the emulator to compile on my raspberry pi), a mug shaped like a Canikon lens, $90 in cash (spent on an HDMI switch, headlights, a wifi light bulb set, etc), a clock made out of a Doors record, and one of those gift boxes with sausage, crackers, and cheese

As for gifts I gave to family: Various NOS Star Trek/Next Gen action figures that I scored cheap, Star Trek themed T-shirts, an antique candle holder, framed pictures of my niece/nephew that I took/developed/printed, Instant film, an insulated stainless steel mug, A sake set(lol), and an Instax camera.

My friends will be getting the functional "guts" for their console stereo soon and my boss got a nice bottle of scotch.

/__\
Old 12-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Wild West user

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineBates View Post
The short of it: I got gift bags of junk food that I can't eat so it'll all be going to work with me later today, couple DVD-video disks of movies I already have (nonreturnable for expiration) and cheap plastic kitchen gadgets I'll probably never use. The $600 in cash I received was later blown on Amazon buying my REAL (emphasis) christmas presents that I know I'll actually use, mostly bike parts and a pair of boots I've been eyeballing and deliberating over for a couple years.

Oh yeah, and when I was at my best friend's mother's house that night, we both got to see his racist, verbally/emotionally abusive 80-something grandmother take an awesome spill in the hallway and bust her hip and I think they had to replace it. Her ear-piercing shrill screaming as the paramedics were loading her fat ass on the stretcher was enough to make the neighbor from across the road actually come over believing somebody was being attacked. He, his girlfriend and I stood to the back of the room watching passively, drinks in hand, as we watched the medics work her over while his bumbling parents swarmed about in panic mode, getting in the way and finding new ways to potentially make a bad situation worse. Like a scene out of a British sitcom. Fukkin epic. (Who knew a pack-a-day chain-smoker for 65 years, with basically fried vocal chords, could almost hit the whistle register? Eat your heart out Adele Adkins!)

So, money and a show. Maybe it wasn't such a god-awful christmas after all.
Oh Man, the best laugh I have had so far today. By the way my children had to put up with the same kind of grandmother. But I was not the same kind of son. We didn't want her anywhere around the family if at all possible on Christmas. So it's Where can we go this year? when they were little and later they all moved great distances away. They all like being around me but that happens only about once a year for some of them. Now she is gone, died last year, and everyone is coming back together.

X-1000R, X-7R disassembled, RS-1506, Kenwood KX-W4060 cassette, linear tracking turntable & 2 Klipsch KLF-10's. Into audio and R2R for 54 years since I was 11 & built my first circuit

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.