Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums
Universal Capstan Motor

Go Back   Tapeheads Tape, Audio and Music Forums > Non Audio Discussions > The Lounge

The Lounge The place to cool your heels and engage in small talk about whatever suits your interest. No politics or religion, please.

Donate to Tapeheads!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:49 PM
An Awesome Dude

www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

I had no idea what I was doing but the results are amazingly correct!

Quote:
Quiet and very self-assured, you tend to keep your own council. Pragmatic and practical to a fault, you are not one to worry about the finer points of philosophical discourse. In fact, because you are very much an individualist, you often finds yourself at odds with the established truth or the wishes of the majority. You will often earn the wrath of an employer by taking upon yourself decisions which are rightly those of your manager. You are not one to take credit unless it is deserved. Similarly however, you will also not happily give credit where it is not due. In a romantic relationship you can be very frustrating. While you do care deeply and sincerely, and are willing to work at a relationship, your confidence in your own abilities can on occasion make it difficult to see the world from a partnerís point of view. Quiet and stoic at times, you can drive a more emotional individual completely up the wall. You can become overstressed and fatigued without knowing it. Taking time to rest between bouts of hard work can help to prevent a breakdown later on.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Serious Tapehead

Did the test, too.

Nando.

Last edited by Elite-ist; 01-08-2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Cropped original screenshot.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 PM
FeCr Type III

Here's mine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2017-01-08 17.26.05.jpg (63.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Serious Tapehead

Haha, totally got me but I didn't know how to copy the results! Pretty impressive though
Old 01-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Serious Tapehead

Barnum Effect
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 AM
You need a stomping today

http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...lity-test.html

Why?

"Nobody but tourists, hipsters, street kids and bums go downtown voluntarily if they can help it. It's too bad, Portland's downtown used to be pretty cool." -Pdxmikepdx
Old 01-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Seriously Illogical

Took the test and my diagnosis was:
Quote:
You reach out to the world and pull in experiences of all forms and kinds. Spontaneous, immediate and active, you have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway. In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around you. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride. You are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win. Usually this behavior is unconscious or playful but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if you are found to be losing in the aforementioned contest. Only those who don’t compete are met with derision. You love to be the center of attention. The moment at hand is always of prime concern. Worries about the future or the past, or abstract discussions of philosophical matters are something for others to concern themselves with. Emotions are fleeting and often used as tactics.
The diagnosis describes me as competitive egomaniac.

Last edited by SaSi_Sidi; 01-09-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Seriously Illogical

If you click at the "story" link in the bottom left, there are more tests.
Here is the result of my second test:
Quote:
This client seeks to achieve harmony with others through personal triumph and success. Recognition is paramount with this individual and should it not be forthcoming, a negative reaction is likely. Best method of entry would be to uncover that which the client feels most proud of and praise this in an objective and impersonal manner.

This client feels that he or she does not have the energy necessary to persevere. Goals can seem unattainable or outside the abilities of this individual when he or she is this depressed. A strong feeling of neglect or persecution is likely and this is matched by a desire for safety.
I admit I didn't quite understand the questions and most of my responses were random or spontaneous. Go figure.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Live Long and Prosper..

These were my results, though I admittedly didn't 'get' the test, what was being asked, where I was supposed listen and how to answer based on the shapes. More than anything else the test was quite irritating on some level, here are my answers. Looking at it objectively I think 70% of it is wrong, the rest are close approximations, not hard fact.

A long ago I was told by a professional that I am 'immune' to these types of tests..

You reach out to the world and pull in experiences of all forms and kinds. Spontaneous, immediate and active, you have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway. In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around you. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride. You are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win. Usually this behavior is unconscious or playful but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if you are found to be losing in the aforementioned contest. Only those who donít compete are met with derision. You love to be the center of attention. The moment at hand is always of prime concern. Worries about the future or the past, or abstract discussions of philosophical matters are something for others to concern themselves with. Emotions are fleeting and often used as tactics.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:32 PM
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineBates

Why?

So you ask questions buddy (Ah man!!)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Wild West user

Having been a graduate psychology major I can tell you that you will have at least one if not more working on a new test for some area of the behavior or mind of the patient. all these tests are best administered by the person or group that developed it for the professional must interpret the patient's answers. Everything has an effect on the answers, even the place were you take the test. Having this kind of test online is close to using a horoscope to tell you what to do in a day. Very inaccurate.

X-1000R, X-7R disassembled, RS-1506, Kenwood KX-W4060 cassette, linear tracking turntable & 2 Klipsch KLF-10's. Into audio and R2R for 54 years since I was 11 & built my first circuit
Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Skywave Tape Deck Repair

I thought so- It is like what you get in a fortune cookie so general to apply to anyone and with no real truth to it.
People shovel a lot of crap even when it is not on E bay but I think E bay has the most shovelers.

Sam Palermo, BSEE and ProSquad Member
Skywave Tape Deck Repair- Chicago area
(630)616-0932 Office/ Email:skywavebe@sbcglobal.net
Past Teac/Tascam Lead Service Technician at Chicago Factory Service still doing repairs.
http://s609729863.onlinehome.us/tape...uipment-repair
Now accepting MC, Visa, Amex & Discover Cards!

Would you like to see your company or site here?  CONTACT US
For more Tapeheads affiliates and links, see the Links and Resources page.