PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse Sound Co. Holiday Flyer...but what year??

retrokeeper
01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Well...I'm feeling "Scannerly" generous today,so upon noticing my last posting,with the East Coast getting the spotlight with District Sound Inc.,there were also West Coast audio mail order businesses,one of the best known was Warehouse Sound Company.The had a slightly more flashier flyer than DSI,and used actual b&w photos instead of line drawing.This one was a pre-holiday offering from Warehouse Sound,but I can't find a year on it anywhere,possibly fellow TH'ers can pin it down.So enjoy the scans,there's some cool gear featured,and at good prices...for then!! Rob

Web Police
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
It looks like 1977-78 according to some of the equipment for sale.

retrokeeper
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Ok WebP,let's say that's the year,but I forgot to note that Warehouse Sound was out of San Luis Obispo,California.How far away was that from you Matt?? Rob

Scorpion8
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Awesome! I used to get their flyers. My teens years should have been named "catalog kid" because the mailbox was stuffed with them each day for me to drool over. If I had a penny for every mail order mailing list I was on (back when "mailing list" didn't mean e-mail spam!) .....

Man, those prices!!! Rob, sometimes (for about a nano-second) I have to hate you for posting these because they highlight the lowlight of today versus "the good old golden days of audio". But don't ever stop, because I love to see them anyway! Thanks.

retrokeeper
01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Yep SC8,you should have seen my mailbox when I circled those Reader Response Cards for product info,you know the ones they had in the back of the audio magazines.I'd get so many audio brochures in the mail,I'm sure the mailperson thought I was starting my own audio business...don't I wish!! I did get lots of brochures and stuff when I had the car stereo business from 1986 till 1996.Plus if you ever went to CES in Vegas,your arms were about 5" longer at the end of the day,carrying all those bags full of brochures and audio "swag".Yes,those were the days. Rob