PDA

View Full Version : Mission M32i, M60i?

mackamster
02-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd like to get a new set of mid to small bookshelf speakers to use in a small study (8'x15'). I used to own Mission speakers but I've heard that the Missions of today aren't in the same league as the speakers from the 80's and early 90's.

I've come across a set of new Mission M32i and M60i speakers but the store is a big open space and there's no way that you would be able to get a reasonable evaluation of the sound.

Up here in Canada, Future Shop has the Energy CB-20 on sale this week for $200 which is roughly the same price as the Mission M32i

I've searched around the web and found virtually nothing in the way of user reviews/opinions about the Missions

Has anyone heard either of these 2 speakers and can provide some kind of feedback on their general performance?

Scorpion8
02-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Has anyone heard either of these 2 speakers and can provide some kind of feedback on their general performance?

No, but your ears are the best guide. I'd always liked Mission gear so I'd want to see/hear the new kit before I believed magazine stories.

mackamster
02-10-2012, 06:32 PM
No, but your ears are the best guide. I'd always liked Mission gear so I'd want to see/hear the new kit before I believed magazine stories.

Sadly, I won't get much of a chance to listen to these speakers. They're being liquidated in a warehouse setting so its a big open space - nothing like my small listening room. And no returns unless the speakers are defective :(

Its amazing how there is so little information about either of these 2 speakers ... anywhere. I may just have to take a chance

Scorpion8
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
The M32i's look like decent fare, but are kinda small for my tastes, even as bookshelf models. I haven't found any literature on the M60i's. If they are a bit larger they would be my choice.

ETA: If I was in the market ....

ETA-again: .... and if the price was right.